photo aztec-mess_zps0a762b67.png

Tuesday 16 April 2013

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Mat Review

Hey everyone! Here's another skin-care post for you all :)

Last month my beloved "Clear Skin Oil Balancing Moisturiser" by Simple (reviewed here) finally ran out and since it's not sold over here in Canada, I had to search for a replacement. I came across La Roche-Posay's 'Effaclar Mat' which claims to be a daily moisturizer for oily skin. I had hoped that it would be almost identical to the Simple moisturizer, but it ended up being quite the opposite.


For one: it's a gel, not a cream. It also has a lovely scent which reminds me of limes. 



 Second: it barely moisturizes. The first time I used this, I had applied it to my whole face and after it sunk in, any slightly dry areas instantly became VERY dry. My whole face just felt slightly tight and any hint of oil was completely gone. Normally when I apply a moisturizer, I have this "Ahhh..." moment, as I feel my skin absorbing all the holy goodness of moisture. Not with this though. It absorbs all oil (similar to blotting paper) and leaves your skin feeling very matte. The matte effect lasts quite a long time, definitely over 5 hours. 


I think this would be ideal only for those with very oily skin or for those who want to apply it to specific oily spots, such as the t-zone. It's also great for nights out when you wish to avoid any hint of shine. It's not a bad product, but I don't think it should be called a moisturizer and definitely shouldn't be used on a daily basis. However, this will definitely be useful during the summer when the humidity rises. It's also a great alternative if you hate using powders and want a more natural finish to your skin. 


I'll probably try out Bioderma's version next and see how it compares. If you have any recommendations, please let me know! :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I am glad I read this post. I have dry to combination skin and I was going to buy this product thinking it would be amazing. I have a few dry spots on my face and with foundation they become more visible, so with this product it might make it worse. I will steer clear from this product now. Thanks for the review, very helpful.
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this expecting massive things, so much so that I bought 3 La Roche Posay things and haven't got on with any of them. I was so disappointed! :/ I'm a new follower, would love for you to check my blog out x

    www.beautybook13.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds such a lovely product!Quite a good price too, newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete