photo aztec-mess_zps0a762b67.png

Sunday 26 May 2013

Products Not Worth The Hype #2: Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation

This was definitely one of the most raved foundations of 2012, which is why I probably ended up purchasing it myself, regardless of the not so wallet friendly price tag. However, after months of owning this foundation I have one thing to say: it's not perfect. By no means am I implying that it's a bad foundation. In fact, I quite like it! However, it has some flaws, which makes me wonder how it got so much hype. It's decent, but not holy grail. I know a lot of people will probably disagree with me on this one, but I'm just letting you know my honest thoughts :).


Type: Full coverage
Finish: Matte 
Wears: 6-9 hours 
Best for: Normal or Combination skin
Price: $55 (Sephora, link here) 

I have only three complaints with this foundation:

1) It looks heavy - I know it's full coverage, but I still expect my foundation to look natural. No matter how much I blend it out, I can still detect it on my skin.

2) Lack of Color Selection- there are only 8 shades, and if you are very fair, I would not recommend this foundation. I have the lightest shade ('Cream Ivory') and it's slightly too dark for my skin. Most of the shades also have a yellow undertone, so not the best selection for those with a pink undertone.

3) Doesn't always blend well - No matter how much I blend, no matter which brush I use, it will always be slightly patchy. The only time it's not patchy is when I use a primer.


I prefer using this foundation when I feel I need more coverage or when I know I'll be having my photo taken. It contains no SPF and does a great job at hiding any imperfections so it's very camera friendly. I enjoy using this foundation a lot, but it's not mind-blowing.

What are your thoughts on the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation? :)

1 comments:

  1. Love your blog. Your friend Annette told me about it. I'm a follower!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete