photo aztec-mess_zps0a762b67.png

Friday 24 May 2013

Tip of the Week #1

I thought it might be a nice idea to start a weekly mini post called "Tip of the Week", mainly because I realized that there are so many little helpful tricks that I've picked up throughout the years that I want to share. Most of you probably know them, but some people still don't. These will simply be small beauty tips that will make your life a little bit easier :).

This week's tip is: tapping off excess product. So simple, I know, but a lot of people either forget or don't realize that this little gesture will help prevent fall out and excess product on your brushes. This tip applies towards: eyeshadows, blush, and powder. All you have to do is just tap your brush against something and allow the excess product to fall off, leaving you with the correct amount.

For example, I find that I always need to tap my eyeshadow brush when using any of my Urban Decay Naked 1 and 2 shadows, otherwise there will be a lot of fall out and glitter everywhere. Tapping your brush when using powder can also stop you from having that "cakey" look. The same goes for blush; without some tapping, you might end up with clown cheeks!

Exaggerated example of a brush that needs to be tapped

Hope some of you find this helpful! :)

2 comments:

  1. This is such a useful tip that I always forget! It has to be done though! ha!

    Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete