photo aztec-mess_zps0a762b67.png

Sunday 21 July 2013

Review: Clarins Cleansing Milk with Gentian

So sorry for the long absence everyone! I just came back from a lovely holiday and I am now ready to get back into the blogging world :). I've decided to start off with my new holy grail cleanser: Clarins Cleansing Milk (with Gentian).

After reading almost every post written by the amazing Caroline Hirons, I came to realize how important it was to have a good and thorough cleanser. However, finding one wasn't easy. I wanted to find one that didn't contain any bad ingredients, such as alcohol, mineral oil, etc. Another key feature was that it had to be a none foaming cleanser as those are the cleansers that simply dry up your skin.
Of course, I had heard of the much loved Emma Hardie Balm Cleanser, but I wasn't willing to cough up $56 for a cleanser (not just yet at least...). I wanted to believe that were was a cheaper alternative, and luckily there is!


I can proudly say that this cleanser has completely cleared up my skin. It doesn't just cleanse and remove makeup (which includes stubborn mascara), but it also nourishes my skin, which is a first for me in terms of cleansers. It just leaves my face feeling really clean and not in the slightest bit dry. My skin feels very pampered when using this. It's also very gentle since it is a cleansing milk so it's great for  those with sensitive skin. It also comes in all skin types, so you can just pick whichever you need, which in my case is combination/oily. The texture is very different from anything I've tried before. It's creamy rather than a liquid or a gel, which is nice because that way you know you're not stripping your skin of any moisture.


My only complaint with this cleanser is the smell. It smells either like a sunscreen or an old lady's moisturizer. It's not the worst smell but I would prefer it unscented.

Overall, it's the best cleanser I've ever used and it doesn't break the bank! Big thumbs up for Clarins! :).

The cleanser is available in two sizes: 100ml/$17 and 200ml/$34.  

1 comments:

  1. Never heard of this before you reviewed it! Thanks for the advice!

    http://averagewithatwist.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete