photo aztec-mess_zps0a762b67.png

Monday 27 January 2014

The Makeup Clear Out


Do you ever get those moments, where you look at a certain part of your makeup collection, and think: "My god... None of these suit me! Why do I bother keeping them?". Yup, I had one of those moments this week. Specifically, with my lip products. We've all been in that situation where you swatch a lipstick in the store and think it looks amazing, but when you get home to actually try it on, it looks awful or just really doesn't suit you. It sucks, but hey, that's life.

And I've been holding on to quite a few of them for no good reason. Let's face it, they will never magically one day suit me. They won't ever become my 'must-have' overnight. So it's time to say hasta la vista and move on. And the best part is that you end up creating more space, so you can now afford to treat yourself to some new products :D. Yes, my inner shopaholic did just type that, while my wallet wept a little in the background. Nonetheless, doing some early 'spring cleaning' does feel liberating.

If you're interested in which products I'm giving up, here are the details:

NYX Matte Lipstick in "Indie Flick" - This is a gorgeous, gorgeous orangey-red lipstick, but sadly really doesn't suit me. Not to mention, I'm also a bit of a wimp when it comes to wearing bright colours.
Astor in Soft Sensation Lipcolor Butter in "003 Caramel Envy"- this lip crayon swatches sooo beautifully, but when it's actually on my lips, they just look very bland and slightly dead. And it highlights dry patches. Yay.
Astor in Soft Sensation Lipcolor Butter in "011 Feeling Feline" - bright pinky/reds really don't like me. My lips just look way too bright and the colour really doesn't suit my complexion. Shame though because I really like the formula for this one.
Revlon Lip Butter in "Cupcake"- I have to come to the realization that blue-toned pinks are my enemy. So to summarize: just no.
Revlon Lip Butter in "Strawberry Shortcake"- This lipstick is a con artist or something. When it's swatched, it looks like a nice warm pink colour. But then when applied to the lips, it becomes a purply-pink! Warm-toned in swatches, and cool-toned on the lips. I've been tricked, and boy does it feel sad.

I encourage every reader out there to have a good look at their makeup collection, and ask themselves, "Will I ever wear this? Does it actually suit me?" And if not, well, you know what to do ;). 

2 comments:

  1. Great post, dear:)
    Beautiful lipstick.
    If you want, we can follow each other. Kisses
    http://fashionsecrets-oksana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the red one from Astor looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete