photo aztec-mess_zps0a762b67.png

Friday 16 August 2013

Tip of the Week #3: Properly Storing Perfumes!

I realized it's been ages since I had done a Tip of the Week so I thought I'd reintroduce this mini series :). This week, I'm going to be talking about a tip that I wish somebody had told me years ago!


Have you noticed that your perfume stops smelling nice after a while? And yet you didn't buy it that long ago? Perfumes can technically last for years, but only if you store them properly... Exposure to sunlight, heat, and humidity causes perfumes to break down over time, which in turn changes the smell of the perfume (usually ends up just smelling like alcohol).

Ironically the place where us ladies mostly store our perfumes is actually the worst place to keep them! That's right... the bathroom! Showers and baths create lots of heat and humidity, thus making it the worst location for perfumes to be stored. Also, don't store it in front of/facing a window, this will also cause the perfume to go bad.

The ideal place to store them is in a room that doesn't get too warm or humid (perhaps on a nightstand in your bedroom that isn't facing a window). I promise, you will notice a big difference in the quality of your perfumes :). 

1 comments:

  1. Wow I did not know this!!! No wonder my Guess Perfume no longer smells as awesome as it used to!

    ReplyDelete