photo aztec-mess_zps0a762b67.png

Saturday 9 November 2013

Rimmel Apocalips vs Manhattan Lip Lacquer: DUPE!


Let's be honest with ourselves... everyone loves a good dupe, especially if we have no means of obtaining the original or it's too expensive. However, I think the case here takes the word 'dupe' to a whole new level.

A year after the Rimmel Apocalips were released, the European brand Manhattan released their own version. Needless to say, they are 100% identical. The packaging is the same, the formula is the same, the shade is the same, heck they even smell the same! I was quite shocked and appalled that Manhattan would have the audacity to completely rob Rimmel of their product, so I decided to do some further research. One can't help but be skeptical. 

And that's when I found it: Rimmel and Manhattan are owned by the same company. This fact put my mind to rest over the matter and answered my question about them both being manufactured in the UK. But I think there's no reason for Manhattan to sell the Apocalips, but rather Rimmel should just be available in every country ;) (*cough* Germany *cough*). 

The only difference is that there are few different shades available with each brand, but the one I picked up ('Red Rocks') is the exact same one as 'Celestial'. Though I have no clue why Manhattan would rename it to 'Red Rocks' if it's pink.... 

So now I want to know: have any of you seen 100% identical dupes before? :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment