photo aztec-mess_zps0a762b67.png

Monday 18 March 2013

What I'm Currently Loving: Rimmel Stay Matte Powder

I know there are hundreds of reviews on this super hyped product, but I just had to share the love. I was very skeptical of it, mainly because I never had any good experiences with powders. Having oily skin myself, I always need something to prevent any shine or excess oil during the day and help set my makeup. Personally, every powder that I've used ended up looking cakey and didn't last longer than an hour. My friends know me well for ranting my hate for Cover Girl powders (I'm sorry Cover Girl, but they really are awful).

I had given up hope on using powders in general, until I heard about Rimmel's Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder. Given the cheap price and glowing reviews, I decided to give it a go.


And now it's officially another holy grail product in my makeup bag! It looks so natural on the skin (I can't even see it!) and actually keeps my T-zone matte for hours! It doesn't feel heavy on the skin at all, though it does make my forehead feel a bit tight (no doubt the matte-effect). However, if you're looking for a powder to give you good coverage, then I would stay away from this one since it's very light and unnoticeable. I'm not huge on the packaging, but I suppose that's the reason why it's so cheap. Also, the scent isn't terrible like most powders :).


There's a translucent powder version as well for those who don't even want a hint of color. True to it's words, it really does last 5 hours. Perfect for anyone with combination or oily skin.

Overall, an amazing and affordable product! Big thumbs up for Rimmel :). 

4 comments:

  1. Have you ever tried the Maybelline Dream Matte powder? I really like it a lot and I always wondered how it compared to the Rimmel. Rice review, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great, I have oily skin too and totally understand the cakey looks some powders create, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The price is amazing haha
    new blogger ...show some<3 brokeanddbeautiful.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey lovely! I nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award! You can check it out here :)

    http://dollfacedisasterbeauty.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-award.html

    xo

    ReplyDelete